just. be. cool.

WHY I HAVEN'T MADE A POST IN OVER A YEAR AND OTHER NONSENSE

I haven't stopped taking pictures...ILOVETAKINGPICS!...I have just stopped blogging. It didn't help that my computer crashed early last year...and yes, like the procrastinating amateur I am...I hadn't backed up my photos properly, and lost everything. Luckily it was between jobs, and all photos were in the hands of their rightful owners. Relieved I didn't have to make any awful "Hey! Lost your pictures!" phone calls I pressed on sans blogger.  Now, I'm back thanks to a thrown back and forced couch time. Excited to share some of my latest work.

Also, I just have to add a little embarrassing...how I feel about taking pics blurb.

Being a stay at home mom photog is as common here in Utah as having teased hair or a pinterest account; everyone is doing it. Technology has made this super easy, cameras are amazing...editing is getting easier and with sites like...yup, pinterest...tutorials can be amassed..and voila! your images have never been more gorgeous!  Here's my disclaimer: I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL. I have been a student to ONE single continued education photography course taught by a man who did not own a digital camera, this was in 2008. I didn't really take much from it, except how to pose your subject Olan Mills circa early nineties style. I have an awesome camera, and like many of the ladies doing what I do, as a hobby...or for money...I have picked up tricks of the trade from a couple of actual professionals...but mostly from the internet. I DO have years of editing experience. I have worked with and been trained on Photoshop since 2001. Each year I learn more and more and that combined with my hobbyist photography makes for a decent image. And over time, like everything else, with practice my work improves. I hate to think I am taking business from actual professionals. But I think my experience and education (or lack of) is reflected in my pricing...and there is no comparison for the real deal. But like I said, I love to do it...and one day, I will go to a real school and get real instruction...my prices will skyrocket!...and all will be grand!;)

SO! After all that, If you'd still like me to take your pics...I would love to and I really can't wait!

1 comment:

Liv said...

I'm glad you're still taking photos and that it's something you love. There's nothing wrong with what you do, so don't ever feel like you're taking work from others. People love your mad skills and there's a reason they turn to you instead of someone else, and it isn't just pricing!

Post a Comment